Genomic Discoveries Teacher Training Program
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Genomic Discoveries Teacher Educator Training Program!
The program will be accepting 20 Biology/Biotech High School Educators in San Diego County for the 21-22 school year.
As a part of this program, you will receive:
- 4-day summer professional development workshop (Summer 2021)
- Real-world genomics lab experience for your classroom
- An Illumina campus tour for you and your classroom
- Access to the DNA Decoded & Career Explorations Lesson Plans & Videos
- Office-hours and technical support throughout the school year from Biocom Institute
- An end-of-the-year celebration with the other teachers from the program
- A certificate of completion and professional development credits
- You must teach AP Biology, IB Biology, Honors Biology, OR CTE (e.g. Biotechnology, Biomedical Interventions, Health/Medical Technology)
- You must commit to reserve up to 2-weeks of instructional class time for the lab experience
We look forward to receiving your application.